PC SCP XInput Wrapper for DS3/DS4

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software Discussion' started by gluemchen, Feb 18, 2016.

1. gluemchen

gluemchen BUTTONS KAPPA

Steam:
    gluemchen
    PSN:
    gluemchen
    Eliza
    Squigly
    Cerebella
  2. Fumako

Fumako Jimbob

Steam:
    Fumako
    PSN:
    Fumako
    Big Band
    Peacock
    I use betterDS3, what exactly differentiates it?

3. gluemchen

gluemchen BUTTONS KAPPA

Steam:
    gluemchen
    PSN:
    gluemchen
    Eliza
    Squigly
    Cerebella
    BetterDS relies on you having the libraries or drivers in this case that are installed via Motionjoy which is known to use a trojan back door method to send you ads when you first launch the application to install the drivers to have BetterDS to work in the first place. After that you can obviously just rely on BetterDS. BetterDS on the other hand is no longer supported by the devs neither is the official website available. So having something that actually works and is open source to boot makes things obviously more safe. Also constant updates. So yeah overall it's better. And it has some easy tools to set up your input devices. I can only recommend SCP over BetterDS/Motionjoy at any day of the week.

Fumako likes this.
  4. nuclearpotatosa

nuclearpotatosa Member

Steam:
    NuclearPotato
    Parasoul
    Fukua
    Cerebella
    SCP's still a little finicky, to be sure. My Fighting Commander 4 was working pretty well with it up until last week, when the drivers shit the bed on me, something no reinstall seemed to fix. Good thing the developer noted that he's working on the issue for next version, something that gets pumped out relatively quickly.

gluemchen likes this.